星期六

Interview with Amma

Amma thank you so much for your willingness to be interviewed.


Amma you sit in darshans with 10thousand people receiving your darshan, looking at you. When you look from your chair and you see all these people, what do you see and what do you feel?



A: When I look at them I feel they are my children. I experience their suffering, their problems and their pleasures. I wish good for them and keep blessing them for the fulfillment of their desires.



Amma, I hear reports of many miracles which happen around you. People who have become healed of their diseases, people who have money flowing in their life that was not there before, relationships get better. When these miracles happen, are you consciously aware of each one? Or does it happen spontaneously?



A: Yes, I know all that is happening. Very rarely a few miracles happen without my knowledge. I take sancalpa (hold an intention) for most of the miracles that happen, though some miracles happen automatically and naturally. I know everything.



Amma, the divine force expresses itself through you differently than through Bhagavan. What is that difference?



A: Amma and Bhagavan are one. They are the mother and father aspect of the divine. Bhagavan gives people grace as the father. Amma as the mother fulfills their desires, needs, health problems, in fact everything. Bhagavan all the time is concerned with the spiritual growth of people, and leading people towards Mukthi (Oneness). Bhagavan is focused on that while Amma is immersed in fulfilling people’s desires.



Amma, you have a son, Krishna. I have met him in LA and you have also a daughter in law, a grandchild. I met all of them in America. Amma, as a mother and grandmother, what is your vision for the youth on this planet?



A: My message for the youth is that their hearts must flower. I want to tell them they should not make decisions from their heads, but rather make them from their hearts.



Amma, all over the world today, women are emerging as leaders. And they are getting a level of respect and listening, which has not happened before. Women are emerging as political leaders, religions leaders, in all kinds of ways. What is your message to women? What is your message to these 3 billion women?



A: Women of the world must become educated in their childhood. Even as students women must become knowledgeable about conception, bringing up the child in the womb, delivering the child and also about child upbringing. It is important they learn all this. For this, their hearts have to flower. They have to learn a lot through personal experience. If they learn this, they would be contributing superior human beings to the world. It is then possible to create a new form of society. This is how women have to prepare themselves for their role.



Amma, you are known as the divine mother. What is the divine mother?



In God there are two aspects, the masculine and the motherly or feminine aspect. I am the Divine Feminine. I am that Mother. I am the Divine Mother. Bhagavan is immersed in transforming and giving enlightenment to humankind, and I am immersed in helping them in worldly matters, fulfilling their desires, solving their problems. That is what I’m immersed in.



Amma, what is real love? What is real pure love?



If I desire that the other must belong to me alone, must not talk or relate to anybody else, and I force the other into loving me, that is not pure love. If we love someone because we find some qualities in them that we don’t find in ourselves, that too is not love. (chuckles) But if the heart were to flower, no matter who the other person is, no matter what kind of person the other is, we will continue to love. That is true love. That is possible only after you have had an experience.



Amma, we live in America. My wife and I have friends, we visit also Europe. How can we cultivate love and compassion so that we treat human beings with the respect they deserve?



That is a very difficult question. All humankind is one being. All humans are actually one person. You should not think that “what is going on in me is something different and unique from others”. That, “my thoughts are different from the rest”. It is humanity’s suffering that is flowing through us. You need an inner spiritual experience to know and feel this suffering completely. That is when the state of love will take birth in you. You can know this only through an experience, there is no other way. Therefore, what is going on in the other and what is going on in you is not different. All suffering is one. We are all one. Only when you have this experience is the state of compassion possible.